"I must become a lion-hearted girl."
day 3 of the holiday/now beginning to merge with relocation. mood has improved significantly, but on the downside no more discounts on fantastic pasta because the waitstaff feel sorry for the girl crying into her meal alone.
I found a place to rent, whoop whoop! In West Brunswick, a unit with a new bathroom and kitchen. 5 minutes from tram 55 which will drop me straight to work. Heaven! My roomie to be seems fantastic, she is a publisher (as if that's a real job, that's just a cool made up role solely designed to make me feel inferior. it's working..) and works at readings bookshop.
Things I am digging:
- Feeling competent. Finding a place to live without Erica's help....boo ya, who is the organised/proactive one now?
- Navigating trams, including button pressing (a huge phobia) and jumping out into traffic. Also, my beautiful daily tram ride through Parkville. Based on weather I may even buy a bike...
- Having some form of friend-age every night thus far, and Nate getting here tomorrow!
- not packing a book. Man I just want to make a list of things to do....so simple but currently un-achievable.
Things I am digging less:
- The Freedom furniture salesman asking me if I needed someone else's approval for my bedroom furniture. Yeah...does that actually work on anyone? seriously?
- Walking past the construction site of the new Children's Hospital to get to the old Children's Hospital. Construction workers still wearing teeshirts that say 'Vote Howard Out'....awesome.
- Melbourne. Not completely sold...but imagining myself cold and lonely in this city probably dampens my excitement. What I've seen is beautiful and perfect for my plan of 'everything new' as it is as un-Perth as you can get. we'll see.
I've been very lucky in that I've had the most amazing friends become even possibly more awesome in the past few days. have had trouble responding to all the messages and phone calls picking me up off the floor and insisting that I feed and put myself to bed. (day one only!)
must go now and do ridiculously adult things, like give my landlord (ooh that was fun) all my beautiful money.